Jane, Wann-Neng (簡萬能)
- Plant Cell Biology Center
I am in charge of the Plant Cell Biology Core Lab. We have various techniques related to electron microscopy, including ultramicrotomy, negative staining, shadow casting, freeze substitution, freeze etching, immunogold labeling, and etc. In recent, we have set up two new techniques of EM, cryo-SEM and high pressure freezing combined with freeze substitution. The services including : maintaining the equipments and the laboratory for sample preparation, microtomy, and various cryogenic methods.; providing up-to-date knowledge on EM methods for cell biology and immunocytochemistry, in particular the use of cryogenic techniques.; training new users to make best use of our equipments and various techniques.; assisting users in choosing the right methods and protocols for their research.; and supplying a range of reagents specific for the relevant EM methods and protocols.
Selected publication list
- Wang HJ, Hsu YW, Guo CL, Jane WN, Wang H, Jiang L, Jauh GY* (2017) VPS36-Mediated MVB Formation is Critical for Plasma- membrane Protein Turnover and Vacuolar Biogenesis. Plant Physiol. 173:566-581.
- Huang XC, Inoue-Aono Y, Moriyasu Y, Hsieh PY, Tu WM, Hsiao SC, Jane WN, Hsu HY* (2016) Plant Cell Wall-Penetrable, Redox-Responsive Silica Nanoprobe for the Imaging of Starvation-Induced Vesicle Trafficking. Anal. Chem. 88:10231-10236.
- Wang WJ, Acehan D, Kao CH, Jane WN, Uryu K, Bryan Tsou MF* (2015) De novo centriole formation in human cells is error-prone and does not require SAS-6 self-assembly. eLife 4:e10586 DOI: 10.7554.
- Li, PS, Lee IL, Yu WL, Sun JS, Jane WN, Shen HH* (2014) A novel albumin-based tissue scaffold for autogenic tissue engineering applications. Scientific Reports 4:5600 DOI: 10.1038/srep05600
- Liu, MC, Yang CS, Yeh FL, Wei CH, Jane WN, Chung MC, Wang CS* (2014) A novel lily anther-specific gene encodes adhesin-like proteins associated with exine formation during anther development. J. Exp. Bot. 65:2023-2037.
- Chen, PJ, Senthilkumar R, Jane WN, Tian ZH, Yeh KW* (2014) Transplastomic Nicotiana benthamiana plants expressing multiple defense genes encoding protease inhibitors and chitinase display broad spectrum resistance against insects, pathogens, and abiotic stresses. Plant Biotechnol. J. 12:503-515.
- Chang, DK, Li PC, Lu RM, Jane WN, Kuo YS, Wu HC* (2013) Peptide-mediated liposomal doxorubicin enhances drug delivery efficiency and therapeutic efficacy in animal models. PLOS ONE 8:e83239.
- Huang, CY, Chen PY, Huang MD, Tsou CH, Jane WN, Huang Anthony HC* ( 2013) Tandem oleosin genes in a cluster acquired in Brassica- ceae created tapetosomes and conferred additive benefit of pollen vigor. PNAS 110:14480-14485.
- Chang, FP, Kuang LY, Huang CA, Jane WN, Hung Y, Hsing CYI, Mou CY* (2013) A simple plant gene delivery system using mesoporous silica nanoparticles as carriers. J. Mater. Chem. B 1:5279-5287.
- Su, LW, Chang SH, Li MY, Huang HY, Jane WN, Yang JY* (2013) Purification and biochemical characterization of Arabidopsis At-NEET, an ancient iron-sulfur protein, reveals a conserved cleavage motif forsubcellular localization. Plant Science 213:46-54.